I thought maybe Twitter may have obviated my need for bullet posts, but I like writing them, so you may just have to keep putting up with them. It’s lazy writing, but sometimes I have stuff to say and can’t be bothered to compose paragraphs. Sorry.
- Happy Easter!
- A co-worker is one of the minds behind Zombie Jesus Day. Happy Zombie Jesus Day!
- I actually went to church this morning. The pews were pretty empty for the early, which was kind of sad, but apparently they were serving a free breakfast at the same time, which might have accounted for the lower attendance. There seemed to be a much more respectable number of people showing up for the second service.
- They had a “Used with permission” notice of copyright license for bits of hymns printed in the bulletin. I was a little put out by this, mostly because at least one of the hymns in question was about 130 years old.
- Easter chocolate count: 2 fund raising chocolate eggs from the church (it’s traditional… they’re very sweet), 4 truffles from The Village Chocolatier in Bloomfield and a bunch of low-grade foil wrapped eggs that I had to eat so my mother wouldn’t.
- The sacrifices I make…
- No actual bunnies, tho.
- Just finished watching the Doctor Who Easter Special, Planet of the Dead. Lots of fun. A bit silly. I enjoyed it.
On the way into Belleville, I took to listening Brotherhood of the Daleks, featuring a blue coated Sixth Doctor and Charley Pollard. In an interview on the disc, writer Alan Barnes describes the writing of the episode thus:
Terry Nation, whenever he was going to do a new Dalek story, there’d always be some basic gimmick to the Daleks, where they’d have something new or had something taken away. I literally wrote down a list of mad ideas, one of which was they turn into communist, one of which was they’re high on drugs, and one of which was they think they’re Thals, and I ended up doing all of them.
Indeed. I thought it was fantastic. :D
- There’s a series of Red Dwarf Specials. I stopped watching Red Dwarf sometime around season 7, but I’ll give these a shot for old time’s sake.
- They came out with another firmware update for my Sansa Fuze, adding directory browsing support. I bought one after they released a firmware update with Ogg Vorbis support. With those, it catches up with Rockbox in terms of functionality, and I don’t have to feel bad about my Sansa e200s dying.
- Now all I need is them to add a feature that shows me which podcasts I haven’t listened to and it would be my ideal player.
- I’ve been (so far indirectly) getting involved in Kitchener-Waterloo’s nascent hackerspace. Actually, I think I’ll save that for its own post…
- I should probably start packing and head back to Waterloo soon.